© S.K. Schmitz
Here's a collection of brushes, custom shapes, patterns and layer style effects hand picked for St. Patrick's Day. This collection includes shamrock brushes and shapes, plus patterns and effects in green and gold colors for your St. Patricks's Day projects. The presets can be used in Photoshop 7 and up and Photoshop Elements 2 and up.
• St. Patrick's Day Collection Photoshop Presets
• "Glen o' The Green" Digital Scrapbooking Kit
• Free St. Patricks Day & Shamrock Symbols for Illustrator
My husband has always said that plaid is his favorite color. If you love plaid, too, you're in luck! We have several plaid patterns and layer styles from Shelby Kate Schmitz and myself. I've also created a tutorial that will show you how you can turn a regular plaid pattern into a tartan plaid, which can be tricky if you need to keep it seamless. So visit the links below and go plaid crazy!
• Plaid Patterns in Photoshop Format
© S.K. Schmitz
• Plaid Seamless Patterns in PNG Format
• Plaid Patterned Styles by Shelby Kate Schmitz
• Convert a Regular Plaid Pattern to a Tartan Plaid (and Keep it Seamless!)
• Seamless Patterns (Some Plaid)
• Sue's Plaid & Checkered Patterns for Photoshop
With St. Patrick's Day coming up soon, our theme is Wearing o' the Green
. Whether you're whole or part Irish, or maybe just Irish for a day, why not join in the celebration and create an image for St Paddy's day? Have fun and keep an eye out for the leprechauns!
© Sandra Trainor
In this tutorial, you will use Adobe Illustrator to create a Celtic knot border design. With the aid of a grid and rulers, you'll work with the Pen tool to plot points and create lines, and by means of a clipping mask you'll make the lines appear intertwined. You'll learn how to create and apply color swatches and graphic styles to objects, and how to scale and reflect objects. You'll add text with the Type tool and apply to it specifications using the Character panel and Paragraph panel. This tutorial uses an Irish blessing for the text, but you can use your own text if you like; perhaps written for a greeting card or party invitation.
• Make a Celtic Knot Border in Adobe Illustrator