Note: This was tested on iOS 4.x. It may not work in earlier versions of iOS. Sadly, this useful shortcut no longer works in iOS 5.x or 6.x, but iOS 7 has a new method for selecting multiple photos. See: How to Quickly Select Multiple Photos in iOS 7
- From a thumbnail view in the Photos app, first tap the action button, which looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it.
- Tap and hold on the first photo you wish to select.
- Without lifting your finger from the first tap, drag your finger across the rest of the photos you wish to select.
- If you need to select more photos than what is shown on one page, you can lift your finger to scroll, then repeat the tap-hold-drag sequence to add to the selection.
- The selected photos will display a small checkmark icon in the bottom right corner. After your selection has been made, you can choose to delete, copy, or email the photos from the on-screen buttons.
- This tip also works for selecting multiple photos when importing from the Camera Connection Kit.