If you've ever wanted to copy, email, or delete multiple photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, you may have been frustrated by having to tap, tap, tap on each and every photo that you wanted to select. This becomes very tedious if you have more than just a handful of photos to select. Fortunately, there's an easier way in iOS! Here's a little tip for quickly selecting multiple photos in iOS so you can delete, copy, or e-mail several photos.
Note: This was tested on iOS 4.x. It may not work in earlier versions of iOS. Sadly, this useful shortcut no longer works in iOS 5.x or 6.x, but iOS 7 has a new method for selecting multiple photos. See: How to Quickly Select Multiple Photos in iOS 7
Time Required: n/a
- From a thumbnail view in the Photos app, first tap the action button, which looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it.
- Tap and hold on the first photo you wish to select.
- Without lifting your finger from the first tap, drag your finger across the rest of the photos you wish to select.
- If you need to select more photos than what is shown on one page, you can lift your finger to scroll, then repeat the tap-hold-drag sequence to add to the selection.
- The selected photos will display a small checkmark icon in the bottom right corner. After your selection has been made, you can choose to delete, copy, or email the photos from the on-screen buttons.
- This tip also works for selecting multiple photos when importing from the Camera Connection Kit.