Inspiration should come easily, and Gliftex couldn't get any simpler--all it takes is one keystroke. If you like the results, save it. If you don't, hit F7 and you get a new image in the sequence. Do you almost like it, but not quite? Use the "tickle" button to apply a slight change and see if you like it any better. No? Tickle it again. Or, if you have an idea what you want to change about the image, you can use the one-click keystroke or on-screen controls to alter just one aspect of the image based on the three variables of form, color, and interpretation.
In my first session with Gliftex, I had thousands of eye-pleasing seamless patterns after just a few of hours. By itself, Gliftex is sure to keep you entertained for hours; but when you think of what you can do when you combine Gliftex generated patterns with other graphics software, the possibilities are endless!
- Randomly generate patterns and designs automatically, or by manually adjusting the color, form, and interpretation.
- Color, form, and interpretation attributes can be customized for endless variations.
- Import your own color schemes from other images, or specify individual colors to be used.
- Seamless tiling can be toggled off or on for any design. Easily preview your designs tiled in a Web browser.
- Images can be regenerated at any size, and saved as presets for further exploration.
- A sequence can hold up to 500 images and all images in a sequence can be saved with one command.
- Save images as raster (BMP, TGA, JPG, PCX, PNG) or vector (PS, EPS, DXF) files.
- Breed two images together to use specific attributes from each parent as the basis for new images.
- Fun and easy to use.
- Very flexible. Many options for endless variations.
- Constantly improved by its developer with new features.
- Available in home or pro versions for any budget.
- No usage restrictions on the images generated with Gliftex.
- Detailed help, tips, and tutorials are included.
- User interface isn't very pretty. More customization options (adding buttons, for instance) would be welcome.
- Some image variations can be slow to draw.
- The help file, while thorough, includes typos and bad links.