The Bottom Line
Note: Photoshop 7.0 Essential Tips eBook is no longer available. Most of the tips contained in the eBook will be included in upcoming book Hacking Photoshop CS2
by Shangara Singh, which will be published in October 2005.
Photoshop 7.0 Essential Tips offers over 250 easy-to-digest, useful, time-saving tips and tricks in a beautiful layout. It's just too bad it's only available as a PDF and not a printed book.
- Full of useful, time-saving tips with screen shots
- Bookmarks for quick navigation to a specific tip
- Less expensive than a printed book
- Only available as a PDF eBook; no printed version
- Contains over 250 easy-to-digest Photoshop tips with accompanying screen shots.
- 17 sections: interface, tools, general, palettes, layers & masks, curves, selections...
- ...paths & shapes, actions, filters, image adjustments, color adjustments, layer styles...
- ...print output, type, web output, creating.
- Includes embedded bookmarks so you can easily browse the contents and click directly to any tip.
- Available as a PDF eBook; 138 pages; 4.67 MB.
- $12.50 USD: Purchase by PayPal, direct transfer, money order, or check.
- Download a sample chapter and table of contents from http://www.photoshopace.com
Guide Review - Photoshop 7.0 Essential Tips by Shangara Singh (PDF eBook)
Photoshop 7.0 Essential Tips is described as "over 250 no nonsense, stripped to the bone tips that look into the nooks and crannies of the interface, tools, palettes, dialog boxes, layers, filters, actions, and much more." That's an accurate description; it's just too bad it's only available as an eBook and not a printed book. There are lots of useful, time-saving tricks here I didn't know about. Most tips include illustrations. You'll need to scale it to about 200% for comfortable on-screen reading. Now with embedded bookmarks, you can skim the tips and quickly click directly to the one you want. Printing it yourself will cost you at least 70 sheets of paper and ink. At only US$12.50, I'm sure you'll get your money's worth out of it.