It's the perfect picture... except it's been ruined by those unsightly, glowing red eyes from camera flash. It's happened to us all; fortunately, it's fairly easy to correct. Follow these simple steps to fix red eye in your photos with Corel Photo-Paint.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Open the image.
- Choose Image > Duplicate and close the original.
- Choose Window > New Window. This will open a duplicate window of the same image.
- Zoom one of the windows so that you can see the eyes as large as possible. Set the other window view to 100%.
- Arrange the two windows so you can see both the zoomed view and the 100% view at the same time.
- Select only the red areas of both eyes. See the tips below for making selections.
- Go to Image > Adjust > Color Tone. In the title bar of the color tone dialog there is a button to toggle the preview on (first button on right). If you have only checkerboard boxes showing, click that button to preview the selected area.
- Click desaturate repeatedly until the red is gone. Then click More Contrast and Darker to give the eyes a more natural look. Click OK when you're satisfied.
- For selecting the eyes, use the Paint on Mask tool with the Mask Overlay turned on in the Mask menu. Turn off the mask overlay before applying the Color Tone adjustment.