Wouldn't we all like to look a few years younger or magically erase facial blemishes? Luckily we can turn back the clock digitally with the help of Paint Shop Pro.
Time Required: 15-30 minutes
- Open the image.
- Go to Layers > Duplicate.
- Go to Image > Blur and then choose Soften or Soften More depending on the degree of softening you want to apply.
- Go to Masks > New > Hide All. This reveals the original unsoftened image from the background layer.
- Go to Masks > Edit.
- Set the foreground color to white.
- Choose the Paintbrush tool.
- Use a small soft brush to paint out any blemishes, freckles, wrinkles, or scars. See the tips below to refine your touch-ups.
- When you're happy with the results, choose Layers > Merge All. Remember, there is no going back after this point.
- Take care not to paint over any areas of fine detail or sharp contrast.
- Vary the opacity of the paint and softness of the brush for finer detail.
- If you accidently paint over an area, paint over it with black to reveal more of the untouched image. Remember, white paint reveals the soften effect and black hides it.