The snow-covered text effect shown here is part of my free layers styles #2. I also have several different formats of snowflakes, stars, and frames you can download to spruce up your Christmas and holiday projects.
- Transparent PNG format: Stars, Snowflakes
- Photo-Paint format: Stars, Snowflakes
- Paint Shop Pro format: Stars, Snowflakes
- PhotoImpact format: Stars, Snowflakes
- Photoshop Shapes format: Snowflakes, More Snowflakes, Even More Snowflakes, Stars & Starbursts, More Starbursts
- Alien Skin Splat! format: Star Stamps, Snowflake Stamps, Foil Frames, Crackle Frames
A couple of years ago, I learned about the Make-a-Flake Snowflake Maker, a Flash site where you can use virtual scissors to cut snowflakes out of paper. Then you can save your snowflakes to a gallery, or download them to your computer in JPEG or EPS format to use in other software.
For more tutorials and tricks for creating snow, or to share your own hints and tips, stop by the forum and join the discussion, or add a comment below.
• Use Make-a-Flake to Create Snowflake Graphics
• Convert a Make-a-Flake Snowflakes to Vector Graphics
• Edit Make-a-Flake Snowflakes in GIMP
• Add Fake Snow to a Photo in GIMP
• Add Fake Snow to a Photo in Paint.NET
• Creating Snow (Discussion)
• White Christmas Digital Scrapbooking Kit
• Free Frosty Fonts
• 169 Snowflake Shapes by Shelby Kate Schmitz
• Personalized Snowglobe Holiday Gift Idea
• Free Christmas Graphics
• Free Plugins and Filters for Windows and Macintosh
• Nature and Particle Effects Plugins