Yesterday, I noticed the "Filmstrip" view was suddenly no longer an option for viewing the "My Pictures" folder in Windows XP. I knew the way to fix this was to go to folder Properties, Customize tab, and set the folder type to a pictures folder... but, lo and behold... the Customize tab was also missing from the Properties dialog! After searching Microsoft and the Web for a solution and finding nothing, I eventually fixed it myself. If this happens to you, here's what you can do to fix it...
- Rename the original "My Pictures" folder (just add an X to the end or something)
- Make a new "My Pictures" folder
- Use TweakUI to re-set the new folder as "My Pictures." (From Tweak UI, look under My Computer > Special Folders)
- Go under TweakUI > Repair and choose "Repair My Pictures icon"
- Move everything over from the old folder (the one you renamed) to the new My Pictures folder.
- Restart or log off and back on.